Hawaii is so different. It's really it's own country almost. The culture is soo completely different from what I'm use to. I'm on Oahu and it just seems like a ton of different cultures are put together on one small island. And they are all sooo different. I've eaten some Filipino food. I can't really decide what to think. You can tell they live off the land in their cooking. The meat is the worst cuts, the vegetables are so foreign and they eat a ton of rice with everything. I guess everyone here eats rice with everything. Apparently Filipinos like to cook with cockroaches and they make it with vegetables a lot of the time. So I've tried a lot of their food and it just disgusts me that I have probably eaten a cockroach. I asked my friend Marilyne, who is Filipino where she gets the cockroaches and she jut gets them from her house. EEWWW! And the Micronesians aren't much better. I'm just use to totally different food. They always offer me food but when I offer them my food they never take it.
Also my Micronesian friend Poll gave Aubrey and I a ride home. He had a wild boar in the back of his car. A willld BOAR! It was a baby but still. I was freakin out. He told me not too close because the pig will bite me ear off. I thought that was the most bizarre thing I would encounter but last night hit the top.
I met this guy on the bust last week and I saw him again while riding the bus back to the house I'm renting a room from. We didn't know it was him at first because he was dressed in girl clothes. He had a freakin bra on. He's such a sweet kid but it seems like he was a wannabe transvestite. The freaky thing was he was sooo pretty. He had amazing bone structure and his guys are gorgeous. He was a pretty girl than I am. It was so confusing. Actually I'm not confused at all, he just seemed a little confused.
Anyway Hawaii has gorgeous landscape even though I'm not use to the people I am surrounded by. I love surfing. I really need to go a lot before I leave, it's so much fun. I love the ocean. Some days working when it's really hot, the ocean just teases you. While the ocean is in the distance it looks so nice to jump in. It's just cruel how blue it is.

No comments:
Post a Comment