Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Movies Imprinted

Memories seem so wonderful, they make you smile or cringe. They shape your personality. One of my earliest memories was when I was 3. I lived in apartments in Corvallis, OR. I was surrounded by woods and a park. I remember wanting to go play on the park that was 100ft away from my apartment. But to my astonishment, I could have sworn I saw bears playing by them. Bears! I may have been imagining them but I could've sworn. I got extremely scared.
This other time I stuck foam up my nose from an egg foam mattress pad. I had to go to the doctor... and they stuck long tweezers up my nose. I don't know why my parents couldn't get it out with tweezers they had. But who knows.
The one time i was 3 or 4, I wanted water. My mom got me water. I decided I wanted milk. She said i had to drink my water first. I am very stubborn and still am and I decided i wouldn't take no for an answer. So instead of pouring the water out in the sink, i poured milk in my cup with the water. It tasted really bad, I remember gagging. Ever since then i haven't liked milk. I always try it, just to make sure because milk is good for bones, but still don't like it. Chocolate milk on the other hand is amazing.
This one time when i was 5 or 6, I found this latin or islandish kind of dress. I thought i looked so pretty in it. It was immodest, I think that's one of the reasons i never like covering up. Well not necessarily reasons, but it shaped me. Plus i don't have sisters, I don't have to be a good example to my siblings. My brothers could care less what i wear. It's almost annoying, I try and always ask them their opinion. They usually have nothing very in depth to say.
I remember clearly how one of my dogs died. It was a Chiwawa, the most annoying dog alive. But i loved it still, I don't know why. I was walking it at my cousins house and it saw another dog. It started to bark at it and it was trying to get out of it's leash. Before i knew it, my chiwawa was out of the leash and about to be hit my a semi truck. And sure enough, it was a stupid dog and it went right under the wheel. The dog's head was smashed and the eyeball popped out. It was very traumatic and gross.
Then this one time in 8th grade, I tripped in front of everyone at a choir rehearsal because i was wearing big chunky shoes. They were soo ugly btw. Everyone came up to me after and congratulated me on my fall. Ironic a little bit.
Aubrey (one of my best friends that i went to high school with and still continue to be best friends with) and I made a band, the goodnight rendition. We didn't have any instruments, it was a big joke. But we did have song, we wrote lyrics. They were ridiculous too.
Also this one time I was up at BYU-I, first semester and I was running on the track. This girl started talking to me randomly. We talked about how she was called relief society president and how it was stressful but the Lord helped find a way. It was amazing to me because I don't think I could've handled the pressure very well. She had such a good attitude about it the whole time. And after she talked about that she said she was on her last mile and she was going to push it. So never saw her again... kind of wondering how things turned out.

Memories are the best. I always find myself daydreaming about some obscure past memory. It's funny how they come up too. The smallest memory can bring a whole story. I should write more things down.

1 comment: